– JOB POSTING: Event Manager/ Volunteer Coordinator Position –
This job posting is now closed. We are currently reviewing applications and will contact successful candidates only. Thank you to all who applied!
Pacific Coast Stage Company is looking to fill the position of Event Manager and Volunteer Coordinator for the 2020 Nanaimo Fringe Festival in Nanaimo, BC on Vancouver Island. The Nanaimo Fringe Festival runs August 6-15, 2020. This is a part-time position leading up to the 10-day Festival and full-time during the Festival itself. In the lead up to the festival this coordinator would work flexible hours independently and remotely. During the Festival, the position is full-time, hands-on, everywhere, and wearing many hats in Nanaimo. The Coordinator works closely with the General Manager. Tasks and responsibilities will be shared between these two passionate positions.
- Love of theatre, more specifically Fringe theatre
- Knowledge of the Nanaimo Fringe Festival and/or other Fringe Festivals around the world
- Ability to work in a team but also independently; self-motivation during prep is essential
- Some technical theatre knowledge
- Knowledge of WordPress or other website editors
Duties & Responsibilities – Pre-festival:
- Recruit, schedule, train, and manage new and returning Volunteers
- Plan and execute Volunteer Orientation and Training sessions
- Understand and provide training and support for our existing Box Office system
- Help manage poster & program distribution
Duties & Responsibilities – During festival:
- Manage Box Office equipment, systems and supplies for daily use at venues
- Keep track of Festival buttons and button sales
- Manage Volunteers at performance venues and Front-of-House
- Box Office reconciliation
- Assist with patron management
- Assist with the “Pick of the Fringe” vote
- Work with our General Manager in recruiting and managing local Billet hosts for out-of-town performers
- Assist with hospitality of out-of-town artists and stewardship of hosts
- Assist General Manager with the planning, scheduling, staffing and use of Festival venues including:
- The Festival Hub (a place for artists, patrons and public)
- The Preview Night (August 6) and Awards Night (August 15) Party
- Performance Venues (2 locations in Downtown Nanaimo)
- Troubleshoot any issues with technicians, staff, volunteers or production demands
- Plan and execute a Social Media plan and maintain all platforms, under the direction of the General Manager
- Help grow Nanaimo’s Fringe Festival on the world stage and Fringe community
Compensation & Dates
The start date is June 01, 2020 and can be part-time leading up to the festival dates in August 2020. Compensation is $3,000 paid in 3 equal portions. The position ends on September 01, 2020.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as one PDF file here by April 10, 2020.