Event Manager/ Volunteer Coordinator
The Nanaimo Fringe Festival (Pacific Coast Stage Co) is seeking an Event Manager/ Volunteer Coordinator for the 2021 Nanaimo Fringe Festival.
The position is from July 01-August 31, 2021. Flexible Hours except Aug 11-23rd which will be full time. The Event Manager/ Volunteer Coordinator must be located on Central Vancouver Island.
Applications are encouraged from qualified folx from all communities and marginalized groups.
Due to the volume of submissions expected, only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Interviews will be held on June 23 & 24.
June 18, 2021
GET IN TOUCH
Please email a PDF cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line EVENT MANAGER/ VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR by June 18.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE
- Located on Central Vancouver Island
- In Nanaimo from Aug 10-23, 2021 for the duration of the Festival
- Traveling regularly between venues, etc with their own reliable transportation
- Available for the entire contract period, July 01-August 31, 2021
- Experienced, with a minimum of 3 years in event management and volunteer coordination
- Able to work independently and complete assigned tasks on schedule
- An excellent team player and communicator
- Reporting regularly to the Artistic Managing and Associate Artistic Producers
- Familiar with and comfortable using computer tools and software, including Google Suite/Workspace and Asana.
- Familiar with CAFF (Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals) and the spirit of Fringe Festivals
- Flexible and able to multitask
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Recruit, schedule, orientate and train Volunteers, including in all COVID protocols
- Help manage poster & program distribution, with the Artistic Managing Producer’s (AMP) direction
- Prep, drop off, and pick up Box Office packages for the front of house volunteers at every shift throughout the Festival
- Run the Box Office as necessary
- Assist with patron needs
- Be the contact between the Venues and Fringe Producers during the Festival
- Reconcile all ticket sales/money at the end of each day with the AMP
- Assist with all tasks related to the Pick of the Fringe tallies and award
- Work with AMP/Board of Directors to plan Award Night/Closing Party
- Be present and assist on Set up days/Tech times; liaise with technicians
- Be present, on hand, & on call at all times for the duration of the Fringe Festival
- Distribute Festival Artists’ welcome packages & attend to Festival Artists’ needs
- Assist the AMP in running the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- When unsure of a policy or procedure, contact either the AMP or the Associate Artistic Producer 100% of the time
- Attend 2-3 Board meetings during your contract
- Distribute, Complete, & summarize a volunteer feedback survey after the Festival
- Write a final summary report