– NANAIMO FRINGE FESTIVAL –
FESTIVAL RUNS: August 6 – 15, 2020.
LOTTERY CLOSES: Friday, February 28th, 2020.
LOTTERY RESULTS ANNOUNCED: Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020.
- A friendly & innovative festival event in Vancouver Island’s Hub City of Nanaimo
- 6 scheduled performances (fewer with significant scheduling conflicts)
- Basic outfitted venue (Habrout City Theatre, 96 Seats; Kismet Theatre, 40 Seats)
- One technician, front of house management
- Box office volunteers, at-door and advance ticket service
- Up to 3 hours technical rehearsal
- A listing in our program (with short description and graphic)
- Blanket festival promotion
- Local media contact list
- 100% Box office receipts (you are responsible for ensuring your company pays all applicable taxes on revenue generated)
- A fully produced show, ready to be seen by an audience
- An email address and contact person we can reach on a regular basis
- Tech and promotional details. Questionnaires and deadlines will be provided.
- All your food, travel, work permit (if required), production, royalty, union fees, and artist fee expenses (including relevant tax fees)
- Your own show-specific promotional materials (posters, flyers, media releases), distributed by you
- Any specialty technical equipment (including projectors, monitors, lapel mics, pianos, keyboards, fog machines, etc.)
- 60 min run time is recommended. Up to 70 min is permitted.
- For each performance, companies are given 15min of setup, 15min for the audience to load in (additional setup can happen during audience load in) and 15min for the audience to load out and strike.
- The total Festival Fee is $225. $25 of this fee is a non-refundable application fee. All applications need to pay the non-refundable fee of $25 to be entered in the lottery. If selected at the lottery, groups will be invoiced the remaining $200, to be paid within 7 days.
- Payment of the application fee ($25) needs to be received by February 28th, 2020.
- We cannot guarantee visiting companies free accommodations in Nanaimo, but we will do our best to arrange billets for as many people as we can.
- Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals – we accept 1 group from the touring lottery. You can apply here.
- Lottery – On March 3rd we will hold a lottery. 50% of the spots go to local groups, 25% go to other Canadian groups and 25% go to International groups.
- We accept up to 11 groups per festival. Once we fill those initial spots we continue to select groups to go into the wait-list.
Withdrawal deadline EXTENDED: May 1, 2020.
- In light of the current COVID-19 situation, we have extended our withdrawal deadline. If you notify us in writing of your intention to withdraw on or before May 1st, the $200 participation fee will be refunded. After this date your fees are non-refundable.
- If we are forced to cancel your show due to COVID-19, we will refund any affected artists 100% of their $200 participation fee (with the exception of those who received artist bursaries from partner organizations). Alternatively, we will also offer cancelled artists first-rights-of-refusal for participation in the 2021 Nanaimo Fringe Festival (thereby retaining the $200 fee).